Current Job Openings
Principal Hardware Engineer - Phased Array Antenna Control
Location: 15 Terry Drive, Newtown, PA 18940
Department: Radar and Antenna Systems
Report To: Director of Radar and Antenna Systems
Hours: Regular Full-time/Exempt
The Phased Array Antenna beam controller is responsible for the calculation of the appropriate amplitude and phase weights for the array elements, the loading of the weights in the array element RF modules, and the correct timing for the switch in antenna weights. The ideal candidate for the Array Control Design Engineer would have demonstrable experience in designing and implementing beam controller of phased array, preferably in a multi-layer circuit board using FPGA and/or embedded processors.
- Design of Phased Array Antenna beam controller, including implementation in a multi-layer substrate using FPGA/CPLD.
- Major duties include design space trade-off, beam controller architecture definition with special attention to beam transition timing, circuit and FPGA design.
- Implementation in multi-layer substrate, test and evaluation, and transition design to production.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in Phased Array beam controller/processor design.
- Previous experience in radar processor design.
- FPGA/CPLD design experience on Xilinx Spartan and Virtex V, and Altera Quartus II.
- VHDL Embedded Processor design experience on Freescale/Motorola Power QUICC III.
- High Speed design including controlled impedance traces and length matching.
- Analog Circuit design including power supply conditioning.
- 20 years industry experience in Telemetry, Radar, and Phased Array industry.
- BSEE (min.) required; MSEE preferred.