Current Job Openings
Principal Software Engineer - Embedded System Development
Location: 15 Terry Drive, Newtown, PA 18940
Department: Network Products Division
Report To: VP of Network Products
Hours: Regular Full-time/Exmept
Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years in embedded software engineering with 2+ years experience in Linux and demonstrated leadership experience taking projects to a successful conclusion. Knowledge of C, assembly languages, operating systems, network protocols and hardware systems will be required while developing our innovative products. In addition you will become an expert in embedded Linux, board support packages, device drivers and PowerPC-based systems.
- Experience in developing board support packages for custom hardware.
- Experience with makeflies, autoconf, bash, gcc, binutils, CVS, etc.
- Fibre Chanel. FireWire, Ethernet or SCSI driver experience.
- Experience with hardware architectures, ability to interpret schematics of digital hardware.
- Intimate with complex system design and product development cycle.
- Ability to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing, and early customer support and installation.
- Experience with interactions with third party vendors, contractors, and customers.
- Ability to complete projects autonomously and work with a small team, highly motivated, quick learner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years embedded software development experience in C.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with embedded device driver development.
- At least 2 years of those must be in real-time Linux embedded system development and Linux Kernel level programming.
- At least 2 years experience using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and BDM/JTAG style debuggers.
- Excellent communication, planning and leadership skills.
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent(e.g., electrical engineering, physics, math).